What You Need
1 cup margarine
1/2 cup shortening
3 cups sugar
5 large eggs
3 cups unbleached Flour
2 tablespoons lemon extract
1 cup 7-Up (at room temperature)
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Grease and flour a tube pan.
2. Cream together margarine, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs one at a time, blending well following each egg.
4. Beat in flour, then lemon extract and 7-Up. Blend well.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan.
6. Bake 1 to 1 1/2 hours (toothpick inserted in center should come out clean).
Return to Pound Cake Recipes index
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index