What You Need
3 cups granulated sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 lemon, juiced
4 large eggs
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 ripe bananas, chopped
1 1/2 cups chopped toasted walnuts
2 teaspoons vanilla
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 325F, and prepare two 9x5x3 loaf pans by greasing and flouring.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
3. Add lemon juice and buttermilk and mix; then beat in eggs, one a time, until mixture is fluffy.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
5. Fold in bananas, nuts and vanilla and thoroughly blend.
6. Pour mixture into prepared pans and bake 65-75 minutes.
7. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then remove cakes from pans to cool completely on wire rack.
Return to Pound Cake Recipes index
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index