Chocolate Almond Pound Cake Recipe
What You Need
1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 oz. butter, melted
4 oz. bitter chocolate, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
2 cups flour
1 cup corn meal
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup milk
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 12-cup bundt pan liberally - enough to hold almond pieces that you will press to the sides of the pan.
2. In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix well following each addition.
4. Stir in melted chocolate (cooled slightly) and almond extract.
5. Separately, combine flour, corn meal, salt and baking powder, then add dry ingredients, alternately with mix, to batter.
6. Mix at low speed until well blended.
7. Spoon batter into bundt pan and bake 50-60 minutes.
8. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to complete cooling.
Return to Pound Cake Recipes index
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index