Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe
Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake submitted by Mabel Polk
What You Need
1 cup boiling water
2 squares (2 ounces) unsweetened chocolate, cut in small pieces
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter at room temperature
1 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream
What To Do
1. In a small bowl, pour boiling water over chocolate to melt, then set aside for about 20 minutes to cool.
2. Preheat oven to 325F. Grease and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
3. Sift flour into a bowl with salt and baking soda.
4. In a large mixing bowl with an electric hand-held mixer at high speed, cream butter and brown sugar; add eggs and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
5. Switch to low speed, then beat in flour mixture, alternating with sour cream, ending with flour.
6. Then beat in chocolate mixture until just blended.
7. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
8. Bake 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes, then remove from pan to finish cooling.
9. Dust with sifted confectioners's sugar or drizzle with icing or glaze.
Return to Pound Cake Recipes index
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index