What You Need
1 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup confectioners' sugar
4 eggs, separated
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon almond extract
3 cups flour (sifted three times)
2 teaspoons baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 cup milk
48 whole almonds
What To Do
1. Before starting, allow all ingredients to reach room temperature. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter. Sift the two sugars together and add gradually to butter.
3. Add unbeaten egg yolks, one at a time, and beat until smooth.
4. Mix in extracts.
5. Sift flour, together with baking powder and salt, three times. Starting and ending with flour, add alternately with milk to creamed mixture.
6. Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into batter.
7. Grease 12-cup bundt cake pan. Place 24 whole almonds in bottom of pan, securing with a dab of butter. Place another ring of remaining almonds on side of pan.
8. Pour batter into pan and place in preheated oven for 1 hour or until cake tests done.
9. Cool in pan 10-15 minutes; turn out on wire rack to complete cooling. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Return to Pound Cake Recipes index
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index