Old-Fashioned Pound Cake Recipe
What You Need
2 cups butter
2 cups sugar
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
8 eggs, separated
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 325F and grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.
2. Add butter to mixing bowl and beat with electric mixer on medium speed for about two minutes.
3. Gradually add sugar, continuing to beat for another 6 minutes.
4. Add eggs one a time, beating after each addition, until mixture is fluffy and light.
5. Mix in vanilla. Gradually add flour, mixing on low speed until each addition is just blended.
6. Pour into prepared Bundt pan and bake 1 hour, 20 minutes. Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.
Return to Pound Cake Recipes index
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index