Old Fashioned Pound Cake Recipe
What You Need
2 cups butter
4 cups sifted confectioners sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
4 cups sifted cake flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Butter and flour a 12-cup bundt pan or 10-inch tube pan.
2. Cream butter, then gradually add sugar and continue beating until well
blended and light and fluffy.
3. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
4. Add flavorings and blend.
5. Combine flour with salt, then gradually add to creamed mixture, beating until thoroughly combined.
6. Spread evenly in prepared pan and bake 65-70 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
Return to Pound Cake Recipes index
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index