What You Need
2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup orange juice
Grated rind of 1 orange
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease loaf pan.
2. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together into large mixing bowl.
3. Add shortening, orange juice and orange rind and beat with electric mixer for two minutes.
4. Add eggs and beat another two minutes.
5. Pour into loaf pan and bake 60-65 minutes.
Return to Pound Cake Recipes index
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index