What You Need
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup milk
1 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cup flour
1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
What To Do
NOTE: Do NOT preheat oven. Bud do lightly grease and flour a tube pan.
1. Cream butter and shortening, then add sugar, a half-cup at a time, and beat until light.
2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
3. Add vanilla to milk.
4. Add 2 cups flour to creamed mixture, alternating with milk/vanilla.
5. Add salt and baking powder to last cup of flour, then add to mixture. Blend well.
6. Stir in walnuts. Batter should be thick and fluffy.
7. Spoon into tube pan and spread evenly. Place in cold oven on middle shelf; turn oven to 350F and cook for 1 hours, 15 minutes (do not open oven during cooking). Allow to cool in pan on wire rack.
Return to Pound Cake Recipes index
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index