Cheese and Apple Pie Recipe
This Cheese and Apple Pie recipe makes 6 servings.
What You Need
6 apples, pared, cored and thinly sliced
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup honey
1 1/2 tablespoons ice water
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
3 tablespoons salad oil
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
What To Do
1. Cut butter into flour.
2. Add oil slowly and continue mixing until dough is crumbly.
3. Slowly add ice water, adding only enough to make mixture form soft ball.
4. Roll dough on a lightly floured surface into a 12-inch circle. Place in 9-inch pie pan, turn under edges and crimp or flute.
1. Combine apples with all ingredients except cheese.
2. Place one-half of apple mixture in prepared pie crust. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup grated cheese. Repeat layers.
3. Bake at 400F 10 minutes, reduce heat to 325F and bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until apples are tender.
Return to Apple Pie Recipes index
Pumpkin Pie Recipes
Pecan Pie Recipes
Cake Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index