This Apple Spice Bread recipe makes 2 loaves.
What You Need
1 cup milk
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 stick butter at room temperature
1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F and lightly butter two 8x4 banking pans.
2. In a small bowl, combine milk and lemon juice; let stand 5 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar.
4. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth, then add milk/lemon mixture.
5. Separately, combine dry ingredients, then blend into batter.
6. Fold in chopped apples.
7. Spoon batter into prepared pans; bake 45 minutes or until loaves test done. Allow to cool in pans for 10 minutes before cutting.
Return to Bread Recipes index
Banana Bread Recipes
Bread Machine Recipes
More Side Dish Recipes