This Banana Bread recipe makes 1 loaf.
What You Need
1/2 cup softened butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped walnuts
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease 9x5 loaf pan.
2. Cream butter and sugar together.
3. Add one egg at a time, beating until smooth.
4. Blend in mashed bananas.
5. In second bowl, stir flour with baking soda, baking powder, salt and nuts. Add to banana mixture, stirring only enough to moisten.
6. Transfer to loaf pan and bake 1 hour (inserted toothpick should come out clean).
7. Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan to complete cooling.
Return to Banana Bread Recipes index
More Side Dish Recipes