Banana Coconut Bread Recipe
A tropical twist on banana bread, this Banana Coconut Bread recipe makes one 9x5 loaf.
What You Need
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup mashed bananas
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9x4 loaf pan.
2. Combine flour, coconut, baking powder, baking soda, salt, walnuts and cherries.
3. Separately, in a large mixing bowl, beat eggs until light and frothy.
4. Add sugar and melted butter to beaten eggs and beat well.
5. Stir banana and almond extract into egg mixture.
6. Add flour mixture to egg mixture, stirring just until combined.
7. Transfer batter into prepared pan and back 1 hour, or until loaf tests done with a wooden toothpick.
8. Let stand for 10 minutes, the remove loaf from pan to cool completely.
Return to Banana Bread Recipes index
More Side Dish Recipes