Here is a Banana Nut Bread recipe that makes one loaf.
What You Need
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup shortening
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 cup mashed ripe banana
2 cups flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup nuts, chopped
What To Do
1. Combine sugar, shortening and eggs in a large bowl and beat until smooth.
2. Add vinegar to milk to sour it (let stand a few minutes until milk curdles), then pour into mashed bananas and stir.
3. Combine bananas with creamed mixture and stir.
4. Combine dry ingredients, then stir them into bananas.
5. Preheat oven to 350F and grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan.
6. Pour into a loaf pan and let stand 20 minutes.
7. Place in oven and bake 55-60 minutes. Remove from pan to cool.
Return to Banana Bread Recipes index
More Side Dish Recipes