Pecan Banana Bread Recipe
This Pecan Banana Bread recipes makes 1 loaf.
What You Need
1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
2 eggs, slightly beaten
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F and lightly oil at 9x5 loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix first 4 ingredients with fork, then cut in butter until mixture appears crumbly.
3. Using fork, stir bananas, pecans, lemon peel, and eggs into mixture.
4. Spoon batter into loaf pan and bake 40-50 minutes.
5. Test for doneness with a toothpick. Cool 10 minutes before slicing.
Return to Banana Bread Recipes index
More Side Dish Recipes