Whole Wheat Banana Bread Recipe
This Whole Wheat Banana Bread recipe makes 1 loaf.
What You Need
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg white
1 1/4 cups mashed bananas (about 3 bananas)
1/4 cup plain low fat yogurt
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
2. Into a small bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, add butter and sugar and cream together.
4. Beet in egg white, then add bananas and yogurt and beat.
5. Add dry mixture and mix until well-blended.
6. Transfer batter to loaf pan.
7. Set oven rack below the center of oven, and bake 55 minutes. Let stand about 10 minutes before remove from loaf pan to cool.
Return to Banana Bread Recipes index
More Side Dish Recipes